Medivalue Chemist Empangeni Diabetes
Medivalue Chemist Empangeni Diabetes – Symptoms and signs of possible diabetes:
Medivalue Chemist Empangeni Diabetes is an article to inform and educate the public about diabetes.
Possible symptoms are as follows:
- Unexpected weight loss and an unusual thirst
- Lack of energy
- Blurry vision
- Frequent infections and sores that take time to heal
- Numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
Medivalue Chemist Empangeni Diabetes – Who is at risk?
The early detection of diabetes is extremely important in order to prevent and hopefully avoid complications in the future. If you recognise any of the following risk factors it is recommended you have regular sugar testing. A finger-prick blood test at your local pharmacy or clinic can immediately diagnose your status with regards diabetes. We highly recommend Medivalue Chemist in Empangeni.
You may be at risk if:
- A history of diabetes in the family
- A member of a high-risk group and over the age of 35
- Overweight especially around the tummy area
- High cholesterol or other fats in the blood
- Having heart disease or high blood pressure
Medivalue Chemist Empangeni Diabetes – How to Treat Diabetes?
There are two types of diabetes, Type 1 and Type 2. Diagnosis will determine which type of diabetes may be applicable to an individual.
- Type 1 diabetics require daily injections of insulin.
- Type 2 diabetics can be managed through exercise and healthy eating but may require medication. There is a clear link between Type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Frequent and regular exercise can naturally lower blood glucose levels.
- Maintaining a healthy weight and diet is important in controlling diabetes.
- Reduction of stress and quitting cigarette smoking can be beneficial.
MEDIVALUE CHEMIST, OASIS CENTRE, 40 UNION STREET,
EMPANGENI CONTACT: 035 772 2034
Medivalue Chemist Empangeni
Medivalue Chemist is owned and managed by Zululand home-grown Fanele Mhlongo. Fanele has a strong sense of duty and commitment to improve the local community. She sponsors these educational posts for the benefit of the people and to create awareness about dreaded diseases like diabetes.
Medivalue Chemist operate an on-site clinic for general consultations with a qualified sister on duty and the cost of a blood sugar test is an affordable R20.00.
Empower yourself and test your sugar levels today with Medivalue Chemist in Empangeni.