Breast Care – North Coast Bone Density and Breast Care Centre
NORTH COAST BONE DENSITY AND BREAST CARE CENTRE
SUITE 1, 1st FLOOR, THE SQUARE,
250 UMHLANGA ROCKS DRIVE
PHONE : 031 566 2889
Breast Care – Early detection is so important
Breast care is essential as breast cancer is extremely common among women and given the destructive nature of the disease early prevention and treatment is extremely important.
North Coast Bone Density and Breast Care Centre Umhlanga KZN is owned and managed by Dr Ken Walshe, a Specialist Diagnostic Radiologist with almost 40 years’ experience. Breast Care is essential and women should be encouraged to have mammograms. Early detection of cancer in the breasts can be effectively treated and prevented from spreading to the rest of the body.
North Coast Breast Care Centre is conveniently situated at The Square, Suite 1, 1st Floor, 250 Umhlanga Rocks Drive in Umhlanga Rocks, Kwa-Zulu Natal. Dr. Walshe practiced in Zimbabwe and Ireland and spent many years serving Zululand and is still well-known in the community.
Dr Walshe and his team are specialists in the field of Full Field Digital Mammography and Bone Density Screening in the province of Kwa-Zulu Natal. A mammogram is an x-ray of the breast used to detect early abnormalities in breast tissue. Breast cancer is a disease that begins in the breast tissue and it is the second most common type of cancer mainly associated with women.
Breast Care – Why visit North Coast Bone Density and Breast Care Centre?
- Although the practice operates by appointment only it is important to note that patients who require assistance will be accommodated. Unlike some radiology practices that deal with general ailments, North Coast Bone Density and Breast Care Centre has a quick patient turn around time.
- Quick patient attention and an immediate response to questions make the practice extremely efficient.
- The environment is comfortable and discreet for women.
- Private consultations with specialists in mammography.
- Dr Walshe and his team are warm and compassionate people that make patients feel relaxed.
- The very best equipment and software is utilise when performing a mammogram and diagnosing breast tissue.
- Dr. Walshe and his team are proud of the Practice and patients like the way they are treated.
What makes Dr Walshe and his dedicated team the Best?
Reduced Patient Discomfort
Mammograms are generally associated with a large amount of discomfort and due to this misconception many women avoid having one. North Coast Bone Density and Breast Care Centre Mammographer Estelle is extremely professional and carefully guides patients through the process with ease and confidence.
Lower Radiation Dose
Radiation is often misunderstood and a natural part of the world. Many of us are not educated about radiation and therefore have become fearful. North Coast Bone Density and Breast Care Centre machines use an 8th of the dose utilised by older machines.
Superior Resolution Advances in Breast Imaging and Processing
Dr. Walshe is experienced and knowledgeable in the field of radiology and utilizes state of the art equipment and technology in the process of detecting breast cancer. Mammograms are double read with the additional facility of computer aided detection (CAD).
North Coast Bone Density and Breast Care Centre advises women to perform a mammogram on a yearly basis in order to avoid late detection of breast cancer. This is especially applicable to women of 40 years and older. If younger women experience any concerns they can attend a routine ultrasound. Detecting breast cancer at an early stage will hopefully require minimal treatment and avoid unnecessary anxiety on families.
Having personally experienced a mammogram at North Coast Bone Density and Breast Care Centre I can highly recommend Dr Walshe and his team.
Link: CANSA Women’s Health
Link for basic health checks (B.P. Sugar, Pregnancy) in Zululand : Medivalue Pharmacy Empangeni