Amazulu Lodge – Modern African Styled Accommodation in St Lucia
Amazulu Lodge is situated on the main street (Mckenzie Street) in the quaint and colourful village of St Lucia on the Elephant Coast of Zululand, South Africa.
The village is in close proximity to the Isimangaliso Wetland Park, declared a World Heritage site in 1999.
Amazulu Lodge is well positioned to allow guests to walk to places of interest within the town.
Sunset Jetty on the St Lucia Estuary is a short 400 metre walk and the beach only 1.5 kilometres.
Guests can make use of the town’s facilities and explore the surrounding area quite comfortably.
Cape Vidal, part of the Isimangaliso Wetland Park, is also within driving distance.
An estuary cruise early in the morning or at sunset is not to be missed.
The rooms at Amazulu Lodge are spacious and have separate patios leading into the tropical garden. Rooms come standard with a fridge and coffee and tea making facilities. Bathrooms are luxurious and equipped with fresh towels and toiletries.
Guests can enjoy a continental or English breakfast in the large boma overlooking the pool and garden.
Lunch and dinner are not served at the lodge and guests can drive or walk to the local restaurants.
Six Good Reasons to stay at Amazulu Lodge
Planning a visit to the northern part of Kwa-Zulu Natal? Here are six reasons to stay at the Amazulu lodge in St Lucia:
- Swimming pool with attached whirlpool – Nothing beats a swim or a good sit down in the whirlpool after a long hot Zululand day.
- Rooms are fitted with air-conditioners – An absolute must in the summer months when temperatures reach high levels and the humidity can be rather intense.
- Secure parking – A very important aspect as one can sleep easier knowing that the car is parked safely behind a locked gate. Rest assured.
- Excellent location – The lodge is suitably close to the restaurants / bars and it is safe to take a stroll.
- Library – Grab a book and enjoy some quiet reading time while sitting on your patio or a pool lounger.
- Wi-Fi /Satellite TV – Wi-Fi usage is intermittent and at times a bit slow, but find a good spot and all works well. Guests only have a few TV channels to choose from, which is not serious, as watching TV is no big deal after shopping, exploring and being adventurous.
The staff is friendly, accommodating and willing to assist with arrangements for activities or safaris in the surrounding area. The lodge offers good value for money and provides guests with peace and quiet after a day of activities and visiting places of interest. Or shopping!
A combination of an African atmosphere and modern comforts make Amazulu a good choice for visitors who are looking for a good quality retreat in the town of St Lucia.
Keep an eye open for Hippo at night as they are often spotted roaming around the town. St Lucia offers a lovely selection of places to eat, from coffee and snack bars to a large variety of restaurants. Enjoy.